Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Little Things

Here are a few little things I've noticed recently...
First, Samantha is clinging to me and wanting me to hold her and cuddle with her constantly. Usually it's been a quick, distracted cuddle that she's sort of "put up with". Now she would let me hold her all day. She reaches up for me, wraps her arms around my neck and then her legs around my waist. I feel like this is probably an important developmental step, not to be ignored, so I am trying my best to lug around my 47+ pound five year old as much as I can. I know I would be twenty pounds heavier without my kids keeping me going and well, this is icing on the cake!
Secondly, she is loving me blowing on her tummy. Previously she would totally ignore "raspberries" or even look annoyed. Now she is lifting her shirt and pulling me in for more, laughing and even loving tickles.
Those are the biggest changes I've seen in the last few days. Hopefully both mean that even better things are on the horizon. ;)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I definitely agree. Those a major changes for her. She's blossoming! :)

Benorado said...

You give raspberries? Ony the tummy? I'm coming over!