Friday, January 30, 2009

The doctor visits continue...

Yesterday, after a long day at the hospital and a fancy dinner from Little Caesars, I put the kids in the bathtub while Trey tried to catch up on the work he had missed. I was so exhausted that I was ready to go to bed at 8:00 and wouldn't you know, Will stood up in the tub and immediately fell and split his chin open. So, I was off for another two hours of medical care. He got five stitches and was a real trooper.
As we were holding Samantha down and she was screaming yesterday, I noticed what looked like a popped blister on her right tonsil. I talked to the ENT and he said to bring her in, so this morning we headed up there and yes, you guessed it, her tonsils are swollen and infected. He said that everyone has holes in their tonsils, but that Samantha's are bigger than normal and she has more of them, so they act like food, bacteria and virus traps and are extra prone to infections. So, she is on two weeks of antibiotics and then we'll see how she's doing at a four week follow-up. I know it sounds strange, but in my situation this actually feels like a victory. I am excited to hear my daughter's tonsils are prone to infection, because it's one more thing I can understand about her that she doesn't have the language to express to me.
Anyways, after one dose of anti-seizure medicine, she has only had one seizure today (that I've seen). So, I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks to everyone for the support! And thanks to Trey for having a job that provides medical insurance:)

No comments: